Saturday, July 30, 2005

Big trouble in little...

hello, friends,

i thought i was done posting for today.

i wandered up to my room here at the beautiful hotel mayflower (www.sfmayflowerhotel.com) to change before walking around san fran. i went to close my window and out fell my cellphone. in the time it took me to get out of the room with my key and down the 3 flights of stairs, it was gone. some bastard walked off with it.

the good people at cingular were kind enough to sell me another phone and reprogram my voicemail, but all of my numbers are lost. as i'm not traveling with my palm pilot, i now feel like a finger or so has been cut if. if you could, please email me your phone number so i can begin the reprogramming process.

when the proprietor of the mayflower saw my distress and heard my story, he handed over a bottle of california white wine, a wine glass and a bottle opener.

so there i was thinking that all of san francisco was out to get me and i was proven wrong.

enjoy the rest of your day, wherever you may be. and remember that ancient adage: hold onto your cellphones.

peacelovegodbless,
volansky

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

following the theft of ben's tackle bag, rod and reel from our garage, a VERY strange couple that can only crawl out of the central pa woodwork appeared at our door. they saw my mother bear letter to the editor (i love to write a good letter...) about the crime spree in our neighborhood and wanted to show "our boy" that there are nice people in this world as well so they bought him a modest tackle box, a few bobbers and a new rod.

three weeks later my car was broken into and some rat bastard stole all of my springsteen. in the midst of my hissy fit, ben said to me, "mom, i'm sorry your music was robbed, just remember that not everyone in this world is bad." three days later, our favorite snake charmer turned up on our doorstep with the first installment of boss replacements and an offer of a loaner croc for the rest of the summer. (www.matabuey.com)

adjunct moral of story: don't be afraid of the strange central pa woodwork dwellers and it helps to know someone who has a 5 foot croc living under his couch.

Anonymous said...

The visual I had while reading of your 'situation' really made my day. I'm sorry to laugh at your expense, but I really needed it. I miss you! Aimee