Saturday, July 14, 2007

cherry poppin' anonymous

As the sort of non-response from anonymous was the first comment I've received since I took over the blog, I feel obligated acknowledge it.
First off, thanks. Much appreciated. Glad to know people are out there.

That said, I realize that "responding to jackass Volansky blog" falls well below items like "go to work," "feed the cat," and "fight for truth and justice" on most people's daily To Do list, so I don't get hurt or upset if no comments come through. Also, I understand that it was a long hiatus between Michele's last post and my first one, so I'm sure many people moved on to younger, more vibrant, attractive blogs. Perhaps this blog needs to buy one of these:





There is no substitute.

At any rate. A handful of emails have come through, so I know people are reading. If you have time, post a comment, if not, whatever. I'll get over it.
In other news, some buddies and I got together Friday night to do a bit of live music at a local bar, a place called Brian Brew. It was very casual, but if it did have a name, it would have been something like "White Men With Acoustic Guitars". Montana Jon and English Andy of The Gentleman Spies (http://www.myspace.com/thegentlemanspies) played a fun blend of covers and originals, including a strong version of the L. Cohen song "Hallelujah", a song that was made immortal by J. Buckley. After the Spies were done, Cowboy Rob Pinckney, farrier-cum-entertainer, hit us with some CCR, some Johnny, and some Willie. I closed with a set of mostly originals, but originals that have become familiar enough to the locals that there is some singing along. I also did my well-worn acoustic version of "Sweet Child O'Mine" that probably would have Axl & Slash rolling in their graves if they were dead. So that was that. Fun night out.
As Monday is a national holiday, I will momentarily be heading out the door to go camping with my special lady friend. Just the two of us, some trees, a fire, and an obnoxious amount of alcohol. Jealous?
Enjoy the weekend, folks!

No comments: