Wednesday, July 11, 2007

opening remarks


Michele tells me that I'm not allowed to actively advocate the overthrow of the American government on her blog. Fair enough. So let me go on record and say that I am not advocating the overthrow of the American government.


In fact, I'm not really political at all. Or at least I don't pay much attention to American politics. However, I have noticed that this blog contains a fair bit of political content, so I feel obliged to honor that as the surrogate poster. And what I'd like to do is open up the floor for comments, suggestions, or, most importantly, instruction in the workings of the current American system. Down to basics. I would like this blog to be more interactive, like those exhibits at the Franklin Institute, or a petting zoo. An evil petting zoo.


I thought it might be good to provide a few questions, easy questions, and then people can provide answers, and then we can go from there.


First off, what is the difference between a Democrat and a Republican? I have a pretty good idea of what they've represented historically, but what about now?


Please think about and respond to that.


Finally, I'll likely not keep this thing strictly political. It just occurred to me about a week ago to start doing this, so I haven't completely thought out what I would like to say in the sacred intellectual common ground of the internet, but I'd imagine I'll post on a wide variety of topics. Feel free to give suggestions.


Thanks! Have a great day!

No comments: