Wednesday, October 08, 2008

da doo run run run . . .

Or maybe that should be "bomb, bomb, bomb/bomb bomb Iran." One of those classics.

The da doo run run run thing is sort of a lame joke about the debate last night being essentially a re-hash of the first. Somebody on a blog last night said that they tuned in 15 minutes late and only realized it wasn't a televised repeat of the first debate when they saw Tom Brokaw. I don't know if they were being serious or not, but I understand the sentiment.

A buddy just said he was bored during the thing. I wouldn't say I was bored, but it definitely was not as emotion-inducing as the Biden-Palin battle. At the very least, I was screaming at the television about 60% less last night than I was during the vice presidential debate.

Having said all that, while my allegiances are pretty clear, I don't feel like I'm being partial when I say that Obama was the clear victor. Whether you agree with his policies or not, he was more clear and concise in his explanations. I feel as though I understand better what he wants to do than I do McCain.

I read a bit of the Fox News website this morning, which I usually do not do. I stick to the BBC, and generally try to avoid sites that are going to be overwhelmingly partial. But because I felt that Obama was so clearly the winner, I was interested to hear how the conservative arm of the media was going to spin it. Interestingly enough, most of the pundits on there conceded victory to Obama. Sure, they had their gripes, but I think that even they know that many of those gripes are unfounded. They complained about the town-hall format, which, as we all know, was McCain's choice. They complained about Brokaw. I couldn't imagine a more impartial or intelligent moderator. And, most curiously, at least for me, they complained about Obama's eloquence. They said he was too cool and smooth and smart. Hmm.

That's all for today, my friends.

No comments: