Thursday, October 09, 2008

rednecks for obama


There is a lot of crap hurling out there today (Ayers, Keating, etc.) but little I deemed to be of newsworthy note. This, though, speaks to me.

My dad has been steadily warning that what he calls the "Bubba vote" could come into play at the last minute in the election. That is to say, a lot of folks will get behind the curtain and find themselves unable to pull the lever for a black man. It certainly is something worth thinking about.

So when I saw this tidbit, http://www.truveo.com/Rednecks-For-Obama-At-DNC/id/3175192384 I felt that perhaps getting the word out about these guys could be helpful to the cause.

"We hunt, fish, drink beer and support Barack Obama," said Tony Viessman, one of the group's two, count 'em, two, members. "He ain't gonna take your guns away, don't you worry about that."

Spread the word.

PS: Jeff Foxworthy was quoted in the article with a definition of redneck. He said it is "a glorious lack of sophistication." I like that.

No comments: